Love Words, Especially When They Help Your Business Grow
Engage and persuade your readers to take action with copy that is lively, relevant to your market and, above all, compelling. There’s little point in having a lovely new website or a blog if it’s boring and uninspiring.
How I can help your business
- Blog posts – I will write blog articles from 100 words to 2,000 words.
- Web page content – I will put flesh on the bones of your new website with clear and concise content.
- Newsletters – I will create newsletters to send directly to your customer’s inbox.
- Tutorials, guides – I will write easy-to-follow guides and instructions to help you build authority in your industry.
- Case studies – There’s no better way to convince potential clients of the value of your business.
- How to write up your case studyYou’ve finished the project and you’ve interviewed the client about his experience. Now you need to write up the case study in a way that demonstrates how your company helped the client and how it can help your reader in the future. But what’s the best way to do that?
- Case Studies – the value of social proofDo you look at reviews before you buy a product? Have you ever queued outside a club or restaurant because the long line suggested it must be good? This is social proof at play – and you can use this to your advantage. There’ll be many reasons your prospects want to buy from you –… Read more: Case Studies – the value of social proof
- 5 attributes of a good freelance copywriterLike going out on a first date, finding a decent copywriter can be a daunting process. You want more than just a pretty face (one would hope) and you want a freelance copywriter who can do more than just produce technically precise copy.
- Be more productive by being accountableI’m very excited. I have a fantastic idea for an article, and my brain is firing on all cylinders. I can’t wait to get home to my Mac to get these ideas down. But, by the time I get home, the shine has rubbed off somewhat and the idea is not looking so fantastic. The… Read more: Be more productive by being accountable
- How to write a great copywriter brief“Just write me something for my landing page,” he says. Hmm ok. Unfortunately, it’s not as simple as that. A freelancer’s work is only as good as the brief she’s been given, so the instruction to ‘write something…’ is likely to result in a piece of work that is vague at best, and total pants… Read more: How to write a great copywriter brief
- Why you should value your copywriterOne of my side jobs is as a furniture painter. I can make a tatty old piece of solid furniture look lovely and new. I can stand back and find joy in this creative sideline. It is something I feel I do very well, judging by the reaction of my clients who buy my furniture.… Read more: Why you should value your copywriter
- Yes, a copywriter can imitate youA good copywriter doesn’t need to be you. They don’t need to have been working at your business or in your industry for years in order to sound like you in the blog posts. A good copywriter does her research.
- The grammar police – does your business really need it?Does it bug you to see a glaring typo in an email, newsletter or any other correspondence? It does me. And you won’t believe the angst that I go through to stop myself telling my friends that it’s not “Your lovely” but it’s “You’re lovely”.
- 4 Good Reasons your Business needs a BlogDoesn’t it make sense that at least some of your pages are offering timely, relevant and engaging content?
- How to write a super speedy blog postUnless you write every day, it’s highly unlikely you’ll be able to knock out a blog post before your morning Coco Pops. Follow this guide to turbo boost your blog post writing.
“Louise has been a pleasure to work with. We have been impressed with how she has taken on challenging manufacturing topics and has managed to make them accessible and interesting. She thoroughly researches her brief as her writing comes across as very knowledgeable and offers a clean, professional tone…we never have to change or correct the work we receive from her.”CH, Selmach